Floor Hen Bowls
These floor hen bowls are made with spicy floor hen, a crisp coleslaw, and white rice. They’re the right meal for meal-prep and a excessive protein dinner.
Love floor hen recipes? Do this floor hen bolognese or floor hen burgers.
Spicy Floor Hen Bowls
Who doesn’t love a straightforward weeknight meal? Floor hen recipes are nice recipes to maintain in your again pocket when you find yourself on the lookout for a excessive protein and scrumptious meal. These floor hen bowls are one in every of our go-to hen meals.
why you’ll love this recipe
- They’re made with a scrumptious and spicy gochujang sauce.
- These floor hen bowls are a properly balanced with veggies and protein.
- Nice for meal prep.
- Straightforward left overs!
Under is an inventory of featured substances for this recipe, not the entire listing, so make sure to scroll all the best way right down to the recipe card for a full listing of substances.
- Floor hen: the hero of this recipe is the bottom hen. Our favourite floor hen is from the coop as a result of it has no fillers and is made with darkish meat, however any floor hen will do.
- Lengthy grain white rice: be at liberty to make use of no matter form of rice you want.
- Gochujang: gochujang is a fermented purple chili paste that’s generally utilized in Korean cooking.
- Cabbage: the cruch and freshness of the cabbage balances out the spiciness of the gochujang sauce.
- Cilantro: the freshness that cilantro provides to those bowls is unbeatable.
- Sesame oil: we suggest utilizing sesame oil over some other sort of oil. Sesame oil has a definite taste and style.
- Floor hen–> floor turkey
- Pink cabbage–> inexperienced cabbage
- Inexperienced bell pepper –> any coloration bell pepper
- Gochujang –> sriracha
How one can Make Floor Hen Bowls
Ensure that to scroll all the best way right down to the recipe card to get the complete ingredient listing and written recipe.
- Put together the rice first in order that it is able to go when your slaw and hen are prepared. It’s the step within the recipe that take the longest.
- Add the entire substances for the coleslaw to a bowl and toss. Place it within the fridge to permit the entire veggies to soak within the sauce.
- Earlier than cooking up the bottom hen recipe, make the sauce. Add the gochujang, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, tomato paste, and avocado oil to a bowl and whisk the substances collectively.
- Brown the hen in a skillet till partially cooked after which add the sauce to the pan. Combine and produce to a boil till the sauce thickens.
- Add the hen, rice and coleslaw to 4-6 separate bowls and serve with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds.
Floor hen goes from pink to white or golden brown in coloration. The liquid from the hen can even run clear somewhat than pink or purple.
You need to use much less gochujang sauce and extra tomato paste to make this recipe much less spicy. Including a bit of additional honey helps, too.
Sure, you need to use floor turkey, floor beef, floor pork, or perhaps a plant based mostly floor.
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Hen Breast
Broccoli and cheese stuffed hen breast by no means tasted higher! Our tremendous flavorful hen dry rub and straightforward broccoli and cheese filling make these stuffed hen breasts deliciously taste and protein packed.
Retailer the hen, coleslaw, and rice all separate in separate hermetic containers for as much as 5 days.
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups raw lengthy grain white rice
- 1 massive inexperienced bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 8 inexperienced onions sliced (white half solely)
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped recent cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon recent lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Deliver a pot of 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Add the rice and produce to a delicate boil. Flip the warmth to low and canopy the rice. Prepare dinner for 15-20 minutes or till the water has been absorbed.
When the rice is finished, instantly take away the warmth and fluff the rice with a fork. Put aside for later.
Whereas the rice is cooking, put together the coleslaw. Add the inexperienced pepper, cabbage, the white a part of the inexperienced onion, sesame seeds, and cilantro to a salad bowl and blend to mix.
In a separate bowl add the rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, honey, and salt to a bowl and whisk the entire substances collectively. Pour the combination over the coleslaw greens and toss till the entire greens are lined in dressing. Place the coleslaw within the fridge.
Now, make the gochujang hen. Add the gochujang, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, and tomato paste to a bowl and whisk to mix. Ensure that the entire honey is combined in and never caught to the underside of the bowl. Put aside.
Warmth avocado oil in a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth. When the olive oil is aromatic add the bottom hen to the skillet and cook dinner the hen till totally cooked. If there’s a ton of extra liquid within the skillet (some hen has extra moisture) pressure the hen and switch it again to the skillet.
Pour the gochujang sauce over the bottom hen and blend till the sauce has coated the hen. Warmth the skillet over medium warmth and produce the hen and the sauce to a delicate simmer. Let the combination cook dinner for 5-10 minutes or till the sauce has thickened.
Take away from warmth and high with sesame seeds and inexperienced onions.
Add cooked rice, coleslaw, and the firecracker hen to bowls and luxuriate in.
Ideas & Notes
- This recipe makes use of 8 inexperienced onions in whole. The white half is used within the slaw and the inexperienced half is used as a garnish for the hen.
- If this sauce for the hen is just too spicy, add extra honey.
- If you need a saucier firecracker hen, double the sauce.
Energy: 554kcal Carbohydrates: 69g Protein: 33g Fats: 17g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 13g