Nut and Coconut Bars
These nut and coconut bars are seedy, crunchy, chocolatey, and full of fiber. Make a batch and retailer them within the freezer for a simple and wholesome snack.
Simple Nut and Coconut Bars
Skip the store-bought granola bars and make these crunch nut and coconut bars. They’ve a enjoyable texture and are an awesome snack to maintain within the freezer all week. Not solely are these bars tasty, however they’re full of fiber!
why we love these bars
- These bars have a seedy and wonderful texture.
- They’re naturally sweetened.
- You’ll be able to simply substitute your favourite nuts or grains.
- Chocolate chips make every little thing higher, together with these bars.
These nut and coconut bars are made with varied grains, nuts, and chocolate chips. Under are the featured elements. We love the mix of elements we use, however be at liberty to substitute a unique nut for the almonds! Or? Sub your favourite nut butter.
- Puff the quinoa. Warmth a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth and add the quinoa. Let the quinoa pop till the quinoa begins to show a golden brown. Instantly take the quinoa off of the warmth to stop burning.
- Combine Components. Switch the quinoa to a big mixing bowl and add the puffed rice, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate chips to a bowl and toss. Put aside.
- Warmth the sauce. Warmth the brown rice syrup, honey, cashew butter, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl and whisk till melted and easy.
- Mix every little thing collectively. Pour the brown rice combination over the quinoa combination and toss till coated. The chocolate chips will soften and switch the sauce right into a chocolate sauce.
- Freeze the bars. Switch the elements to a parchment-lined 9×13-inch dish and press the bars into the pan. Freeze for no less than 1 hour or till the combination is about.
- Slice and retailer. Raise the parchment paper out of the pan and set the bars on a chopping board. Use a pointy knife to chop the bars into rectangles or squares. Retailer the bars in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
a tip on puffed quinoa
Normally, puffed quinoa appears extra toasted than puffed. You’ll hear the quinoa popping and most quinoas pop into small items reasonably than the store-bought puffed quinoa that appears extra like puffed rice.
Ideas for Nut and Coconut Bars
You should definitely let the bars set utterly earlier than attempting to slice them. You don’t need them to collapse
Take these bars up a stage and sprinkle mini chocolate chips and extra coarse salt on high of the bars earlier than you press them into the pan. It provides an awesome additional saltiness.
You get to resolve the way you need to slice the bars. You’ll be able to slice them into rectangles, squares, and even bite-sized items.
make it straightforward
Print Your Personal
Maintain widespread kitchen conversions like tablespoons to teaspoons and Fahrenheit to Celsius readily available always with our printable kitchen conversions chart.
get it now
Be taught Extra Kitchen Conversions
Storage + Freezing
After you slice these bars, instantly switch them to an hermetic container or bag. Retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 3 cups puffed brown rice
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips +extra for topping
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup creamy cashew butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt + extra for topping
Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper and set it apart.
Warmth a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth. When the skillet is sizzling, add the quinoa to the skillet. Gently transfer the quinoa across the skillet till it begins to make a snapping noise and begins to brown. Take away the pan from warmth and pour the quinoa into a big mixing bowl.
Add the puffed rice, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate chips to the blending bowl with the quinoa and toss to mix.
Subsequent, warmth a small saucepan over medium warmth and add the brown rice syrup, honey, cashew butter, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk to mix. Carry the combination to a mild simmer till all of the elements are melted collectively and easy. Take away from warmth.
Pour the brown rice syrup combination over the puffed rice and different elements. Stir the elements collectively till mixed. A number of the mini chocolate chips will soften.
Pour the combination into the lined 9×13-inch pan and press the combination down with a spatula or your palms. Evenly unfold the combination into the underside of the pan. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and coarse salt excessive of the bars and press them into the highest of the bars.
Place the pan within the freezer for about 1 hour to set. Take away the pan from the freezer and elevate the perimeters of the parchment paper so the bars come out of the pan.
Place the bars on a big chopping board and lower them into rectangles or squares.
Switch the bars into an hermetic bag or container and place them within the fridge or freezer for later.
Ideas & Notes
- You’ll be able to substitute the cashew butter for almond butter or peanut butter.
Energy: 220kcal Carbohydrates: 34g Protein: 5g Fats: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 19g
Images: images taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.