Simple Honey Garlic Rooster
This 5-star Honey Garlic Rooster is made within the gradual cooker and is ideal for any weeknight meal. It’s kid-friendly and made with 5 easy elements.
This honey garlic hen (crock pot) is a Match Foodie Finds reader favourite. So a lot of you have got made this dish time and time once more and we hope you find it irresistible!
Severely the BEST Honey Garlic Rooster
If you’re on the lookout for a easy, saucy, flavorful gradual cooker hen breast recipe, then you’re going to swoon over this honey garlic hen.
The honey garlic sauce for this recipe is flavorful, candy, and spicy all on the similar time and is made with simply 4 elements. The hen is slow-cooked within the sauce, leaving it tremendous tender and saucy, the proper topping in your grain of alternative.
We love that you simply actually place all the elements into the gradual cooker raw (no have to sear in a skillet or pan) and let it do its magic!
5-Elements You Want
You learn that accurately, this superb gradual cooker honey garlic hen is made with solely 5 elements…and chances are high you have already got them in your pantry! Right here’s the line-up:
- Boneless skinless hen breasts: we’re utilizing hen breast, however you’re greater than welcome to make use of boneless skinless hen thighs as an alternative.
- Minced garlic: you’re going to wish 3 complete tablespoons of minced garlic. Belief us.
- Honey: we love that honey is an all-natural sweetener. Plus, it pairs fairly properly with soy sauce and garlic.
- Soy sauce (or tamari): soy sauce provides an excellent savory taste and likewise has an honest quantity of salt in it.
- Purple chili garlic sauce: wish to add some warmth, however not an excessive amount of spice? A bit of crimson chili garlic sauce goes a good distance.
Earlier than You Begin This Recipe…
what does honey garlic hen style like?
This honey garlic hen recipe is the proper mixture of candy and spicy. The honey balances out the chili sauce to make a sticky and scrumptious sauce.
Make certain that the hen breasts have an inside temperature of 165ºF earlier than shredding the hen after cooking.
What kind of hen Do I exploit?
We use hen breasts for this honey garlic hen recipe. If you’re a darkish meat form of particular person, be at liberty to make use of hen thighs (boneless or bone-in).
Simply make certain you examine the temperature of the hen thighs and take away the bones earlier than shredding the meat.
make certain you spray your gradual cooker
We all the time suggest spraying your gradual cooker earlier than cooking something for a protracted time period to keep away from burning on the perimeters of your gradual cooker.
How you can Make Honey Garlic Rooster Breast
It’s fairly easy. All you need to do for this recipe is put all 5 elements right into a gradual cooker, flip it on, and stroll away!
Temperature + Cook dinner Time
Excessive: 2-3 hours
Low: for 4-5 hours
- Make the sauce. You wish to make the sauce in a separate bowl earlier than pouring it into the gradual cooker. Why? You wish to make certain the honey has dissolved into the opposite elements.
- Add the hen breast. Spray the gradual cooker with non-stick cooking spray after which add the hen breasts to the gradual cooker.
- Pour the sauce. Pour the sauce into the gradual cooker over the hen. Ensure the hen is roofed within the sauce.
- Cook dinner the hen. Cook dinner on excessive or on low.
- Shred the hen. As soon as the hen has an inside temperature of 165ºF shred the hen with two forks.
- Elective thicken. For those who like a thicker sauce add 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch to round 1/4 cup sauce and whisk to mix. Then, pour it again into the gradual cooker. Combine the hen with the sauce, cowl the gradual cooker, and let the sauce thicken.
- Serve over rice. Get pleasure from!
For those who want a gradual cooker, we love our 7-qt. crock pot!
Honey Garlic Rooster Prompt Pot Directions
- Place hen breast and honey garlic sauce into your Prompt Pot.
- Cowl the Prompt Pot and cook dinner on excessive stress for 8-10 minutes. Fast launch.
- Take away the hen from the Prompt Pot and use 2 forks to shred.
- Thicken sauce by eradicating 1/4 cup of sauce and whisking it with 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch. Pour the sauce and shredded hen again into the Prompt Pot and blend.
- Activate the sauté function and produce the sauce to a boil to activate the cornstarch.
- As soon as thickened, serve instantly.
Rooster Thighs with Honey Garlic Sauce
What Goes with Honey Garlic Rooster?
You’ll be able to simply flip this gradual cooker hen breast recipe into a tremendous hen meal prep by pairing it along with your favourite grain and stir-fried veggies.
Portion out a serving of honey garlic hen with a cup of cooked grains and a cup of veggies.
a pair extra ingredient suggestions
Make it spicy
If you wish to make this honey garlic hen any spicier, add crimson pepper flakes or just a few teaspoons (or a tablespoon should you’re a fire-breathing dragon!) of sriracha to the honey garlic sauce.
Add some crunch
Serve this honey garlic hen with sesame seeds or chopped cashews for some further crunch.
Honey garlic hen is a straightforward, but flavorful recipe made with hen breasts, garlic, honey, and soy sauce, and a bit of chili garlic sauce for warmth.
We suggest serving your honey garlic hen recipe with steamed rice and stir-fried veggies or steamed broccoli.
Most honey garlic hen recipes are gentle in spice, however you possibly can add chili garlic sauce or sriracha to kick up the warmth.
Your honey garlic hen will last as long as 5 days within the fridge.
How you can Retailer Honey Garlic Rooster
Retailer this honey garlic hen in an air-tight container for 5-7 days within the fridge. We suggest preserving the honey garlic hen separate from different elements (rice, veggies, and so forth.).
Can I Make this a Freezer Meal?
This honey garlic hen is a superb freezer meal if you’re meal-prepping for your self or any family members.
- Create honey garlic sauce by mixing collectively minced garlic, honey, soy sauce and crimson chili garlic sauce till the honey has dissolved.
- Then, place the hen breast right into a freezer-safe gallon-sized bag and pour sauce on prime.
- Take away as a lot air from the bag as potential and seal tightly.
- Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Wish to discover ways to reheat this freezer meal? Try how right here.
Finest Honey Garlic Rooster (Crock Pot)
Make our gradual cooker honey garlic hen recipe with 5 easy elements. This hen comes out so saucy and is very easy to make. Simply set it and overlook it in your gradual cooker!
Cook dinner:6 hours
Whole:6 hours 10 minutes
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless hen breast thighs work, too
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch non-compulsory
First, create your honey garlic sauce. Whisk collectively minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, and crimson chili garlic sauce un the honey has totally dissolved.
Subsequent, place hen breast onto the underside of your gradual cooker. Then, pour the sauce over the hen.
Flip gradual cooker to excessive and cook dinner for 2-3 hours OR low and cook dinner for 4-5 hours.
As soon as your hen is totally cooked (165ºF internally) and tender, take away the hen from the gradual cooker and use 2 forks to shred.
For those who want to thicken the sauce, take away 1/4 cup of the liquid from the gradual cooker and whisk in 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch till it dissolved. Then, pour that again into the gradual cooker and blend till mixed.
Then, add the hen again into the crockpot and blend it with the sauce. Cowl and let cook dinner for 10 extra minutes on excessive in order that the sauce can totally thicken.
Serve along with your favourite grain and vegetable. Prime with sesame seeds and inexperienced onion.
Ideas & Notes
- Diet is only for the hen.
- Cornstarch is non-compulsory, however your sauce will probably be skinny should you don’t use it.
- This recipe was barely up to date on January 19, 2022. Nothing main was modified.
Energy: 214kcal Carbohydrates: 26g Protein: 25g Fats: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 23g