Wholesome Cream Cheese Frosting
This Greek yogurt cream cheese frosting is probably the most scrumptious wholesome cream cheese frosting we’ve ever had! It’s lightened up, however nonetheless equally scrumptious.
Wholesome Cream Cheese Frosting
This wholesome cream cheese frosting is a lightened up with a little bit of Greek yogurt and pure sugar. Use this scrumptious cream cheese frosting on all your favourite desserts like pumpkin cake, apple cake, and different simple dessert recipes.
why you’ll love this recipe
- You solely want 4 elements to make this cream cheese frosting
- It’s an important frosting recipe to make use of for any dessert.
- This recipe is a more healthy choice when in search of a traditional cream cheese frosting recipe.
All you want are 4 easy elements to take advantage of scrumptious frosting on the market.
- Cream cheese: be at liberty to make use of nonfat for full-fat. Each work.
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt: for this recipe, we used nonfat Greek yogurt, however in the event you’re a full-fat form of individual be at liberty to make use of that!
- Maple syrup – maple syrup is our favourite all-natural sweetener, particularly for this recipe as a result of it’s heat and candy!
- Vanilla extract – each dessert recipe deserves a splash of vanilla.
Need flavored frosting? Strive utilizing flavored cream cheese resembling strawberry or raspberry. Or, you may as well strive including just a little jam to your frosting, too.
Tips on how to Make Wholesome Cream Cheese Frosting
Our wholesome cream cheese frosting recipe solely takes 10 minutes to place collectively. Right here’s the best way to do it:
- Add all the elements to a big bowl.
- Then, use your hand mixer to whip all the elements collectively till easy.
- Use instantly in your favourite desserts and bread.
Need some fast tips about the best way to soften cream cheese? Try this put up from our sister web site, The Cheese Knees.
Wish to flip your frosting right into a glaze?
Trying to flip your wholesome cream cheese frosting into extra of a drippy glaze? Merely add just a little bit extra maple syrup OR almond milk/milk to be able to skinny it out to achieve your required consistency.
What to Use Your Frosting On
From cupcakes to muffins, to loaves, use this wholesome cream cheese frosting on something and every part! Listed below are a few of our fav baked items to strive it on:
High this apple cake with this wholesome cream cheese frosting recipe.
That is such an important base recipe for cream cheese frosting. Listed below are some concepts to actually take it up a notch!
- mini chocolate chips
- peanut butter/nut butter
- orange zest
Retailer leftover Greek yogurt cream cheese frosting in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
To make use of after refrigeration: deliver frosting to room temperature. Then, add just a little little bit of milk and use your hand mixer to whip it till easy.
Are you able to freeze cream cheese frosting?
We don’t advocate freezing cream cheese frosting as a result of it’s created from dairy. Typically instances when dairy thaws, it curdles and/or thaws with a bizarre texture.
- 2 oz. fat-free cream cheese room temperature (~1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, nearly room temperature
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Suggestions & Notes
Storage: Retailer leftover cream cheese frosting in an hermetic container within the fridge. To make use of after refrigeration, let frosting come to room temperature after which add a splash of milk. Use your hand mixer to whip till easy.
Energy: 55kcal Carbohydrates: 6g Protein: 2g Fats: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 6g