Summer season Corn Salad
Acquired corn on the cob? Make this summer season contemporary summer season corn salad with tons of veggies a scrumptious Thai-inspired dressing.
Summer season Corn Salad
Dwelling within the Midwest, it’s inevitable that by the point August ends and September comes, we’re overflowing with corn on the cob. This recipe is a truth summer season corn salad made with a Thai-inspired dressing.
We’re utilizing grilled corn on the cob for additional juicy, flavorful corn kernels together with tons of different backyard veggies comparable to bell pepper, cabbage, and carrots.
The dressing is somewhat bit scorching, somewhat bit savory, and somewhat bit candy all because of Thai inexperienced curry paste, crimson chili paste, and honey.
- Grilled corn on the cob: Is there something higher than freshly grilled, in-season corn on the cob?! I feel not. Different choices embrace canned and frozen, however belief us, they aren’t as tasty.
- Carrot: carrot provides coloration and a little bit of sweetness.
- Purple onion: any sort of onion works together with yellow and inexperienced.
- Purple pepper: we used crimson bell pepper, however any coloration works.
- Cabbage: we love the addition of cabbage as a result of it provides coloration and crunch.
- Cilantro: contemporary cilantro might be swapped for parsley.
- Cotija cheese: we love how salty cotija cheese is. If you happen to can’t discover it, strive utilizing feta cheese as a substitute.
The dressing is actually what makes this summer season corn salad! It’s Thai-inspired and so yummy. Right here’s what you want:
- Inexperienced curry paste
- Purple chili paste
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
Learn to make corn on the cob on the grill – 2 alternative ways – one within the husk and one shucked! You solely want candy corn, butter, salt, and pepper.
Full you late summer season meal by serving your summer season corn salad recipe with any of the next mains.
Retailer leftover corn salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
- 2 tablespoons inexperienced curry paste
- 2 teaspoons crimson chili paste
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 medium lime juiced
- 4 ears corn on the cob shucked
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup finely minced crimson onion
- 1 medium crimson pepper minced
- 1 cup purple cabbage sliced
- 1/4 cup contemporary cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese
Preheat grill or oven to 400ºF and spray or wipe corn with olive oil.
Place corn on the grill for 20-25 minutes, turning them each 5 minutes.
Whereas corn is on the grill place all elements for the dressing right into a bowl and whisk till mixed. Place dressing within the fridge for later.
Subsequent, spiralize the carrots by setting the Inspiralizer to Blade C. Minimize off every finish of the carrot so that you’ve got a flat floor. Place your carrot into the spiralizer and spiralize into skinny noodles and place in a big mixing bowl. You may as well thinly slice your carrots into bite-sized matchsticks.
Take away corn from warmth when corn has began to brown. Let cool after which lower corn off the cob with a pointy knife and add it to the massive mixing bowl with the carrots.
Lastly, add crimson pepper, onion, cabbage, cilantro, cotija, and dressing to the blending bowl. Stir till nicely mixed. Place within the fridge for half-hour and luxuriate in.
Ideas & Notes
- Storage: retailer in an air-tight container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Energy: 151kcal Carbohydrates: 22g Protein: 4g Fats: 7g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g