Black Bean Couscous Salad
This black bean couscous salad is jam-packed with veggies and made with a scrumptious cilantro lime dressing to tie all of it collectively.
Simple Couscous Salad with Black Beans
In search of a simple salad to make for a celebration or meal prep for the week? You’ve come to the proper place as a result of this black bean couscous salad is so tasty and full of tons of veggies.
It’s loaded with tons of fiber from the beans and vitamins from the veggies. This easy couscous salad actually is ideal for therefore many events.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
This Mediterranean couscous salad is the right addition to any summer time meal. Serve this veggie-packed salad as a scrumptious facet dish or a colourful major dish.
- Israeli Couscous: we love utilizing Israeli couscous as a result of it’s bigger than common couscous and has a little bit of a chew to it.
- Corn: we used recent ears of corn that had been broiled for extra taste. Be at liberty to make use of canned or frozen.
- Spices: this couscous salad has a Southwestern flare all because of chili powder and garlic powder.
- Black Beans: black beans add fiber and protein to this salad.
- Onion: be at liberty to make use of any form of onion.
- Bell Pepper: a mixture of bell peppers offers this salad a pleasant crunch and further veg.
- Cotija Cheese: each salad deserves some cheese and we’re utilizing cotija cheese!
The yummy cilantro lime French dressing completely makes this recipe. Right here’s what you want:
- lime juice
- white wine vinegar
- chili powder
- Prepare dinner and chill couscous: Deliver water to a boil. Add couscous and switch the warmth to low. Cowl and let prepare dinner for 12 minutes. Switch couscous to a big plate and unfold it out. Refrigerate to sit back whilst you make the remainder of the salad.
- Season and broil corn: unfold corn out on a baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil. Season with chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Broil for 5-7 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Mix elements: mix black beans, veggies, lime, cilantro, cheese, and chilled couscous.
- Make the dressing: add all of the elements for the dressing right into a Mason jar or bowl and blend to mix,
- Toss salad: pour the dressing over the couscous salad and toss to mix,
Newest Salad Recipes
At a BBQ: serve this scrumptious black bean couscous salad as a facet at your subsequent BBQ. Serve subsequent to grilled rooster, watermelon salad, and grilled zucchini.
Bento Field Lunch: package deal up leftovers as a bento field lunch thought!
With a protein on prime: full the meal with a protein of selection on prime. Listed below are some concepts: baked salmon in foil, grilled shrimp, or pan-seared rooster.
Retailer leftover couscous salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
For the Salad
- 1.25 cups Israeli couscous
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 cups candy corn we used 3 ears of recent corn, however you should use thawed,frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes minimize into fourths
- 1/2 small pink onion finely diced
- 1 giant inexperienced bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup recent cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese crumbled (+extra for topping)
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1.5 tablespoon white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons garlic hummus
- 2 tablespoon recent cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
Deliver 1.5 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add in couscous and switch to warmth to low. Cowl the pot and simmer till all water is absorbed (about 10-12 minutes). Fluff the couscous with a fork and if there isn’t any extra liquid the couscous is prepared.
Unfold the couscous out onto a big plate or a small platter and place the couscous into the fridge or freezer to sit back.
Whereas the couscous is chilling, flip the oven to broil and place the corn onto a baking sheet. Drizzle the avocado oil over the corn after which season with chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Toss till the corn is coated and place into the oven. Broil the corn for 5-7 minutes, tossing periodically. Take away the corn from the oven when it begins to brown and caramelize.
Add the corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, pink onion, bell pepper, lime zest, cilantro, cotija cheese, and cooled couscous to a big bowl and blend till mixed. Put aside.
Add the entire elements for the dressing to a mason jar and canopy. Shake the elements collectively till mixed.
Pour the dressing over the couscous and different elements. Toss all of the of the elements with the dressing till all the pieces is coated in dressing. High with any further cotija cheese and luxuriate in.
Energy: 290kcal Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 6g Fats: 19g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g
Images: pictures taken on this put up are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.