Road Corn Pasta Salad
When you love Mexican Road Corn Salad then you’re going to swoon over this scrumptious Road Corn Pasta Salad!
It’s made with corn, cilantro, cotija cheese, bell pepper, noodles, and tons of flavorful spices.
Simple Mexican Road Corn Salad
This Mexican-inspired avenue corn salad recipe is a fusion of pasta salad and elote. Mixed they make one depraved Mexican Road Corn Pasta Salad recipe that’s severely so good served at any get together or gathering.
Our Road Corn Salad is considered one of our hottest salad recipes on Match Foodie Finds and we all know you’ll love this twist too. It’s made with bursting candy corn, tons of spices, cotija cheese, your favourite noodle, and a creamy cilantro lime dressing.
Why you’ll adore it!
Serves a Crowd
Simple to Put together
- Pasta: the most effective sort of pasta salad noodles are shorter/bite-sized. Be happy to choose your favourite.
- Corn: Corn is the star of the present. We’ve made this with each frozen corn and recent corn.
- Bell Pepper: any coloration bell pepper works.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is thick and creamy. Be sure to make use of plain Greek.
- Bitter cream: bitter cream provides a scrumptious tang to the sauce.
- Lime juice: citrus provides brightness to this salad.
- Crimson onion: simply sufficient minced crimson onion is ideal in avenue corn pasta salad.
- Spices: spices wanted for the sauce embody chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Kinds of Corn You may Use
Frozen corn: frozen corn is certainly the best corn to make use of for this recipe.
Grilled corn: grilled corn on the cob is probably the most scrumptious, however most work. Truthfully, it’s price it if in case you have the time to make use of recent corn!
Canned corn: don’t have frozen or recent corn? Use canned corn. Simply ensure to empty and rinse it.
- Prepare dinner corn: Warmth avocado oil in a forged iron skillet and add corn. Season the corn with the spices and pan-fry till the corn begins to show golden brown.
- Make the sauce: mix Greek yogurt, bitter cream, starchy pasta water, cotija cheese, lime juice, lime zest, and salsa.
- Prep veggies: finely cube the crimson onion and cube the bell pepper.
- Toss: mix corn, noodles, veggies, and sauce. Combine to mix. Add recent cilantro and blend once more. Serve and luxuriate in!
Add a protein: toss in any of your favourite cooked proteins to make this a whole meal.
Add extra veggies/beans: obtained extra veggies in your fridge? Attempt including tomato, inexperienced onion, black beans, hominy, or jalapeño.
Change up the noodle: don’t restrict your self to conchiglie noodles. Be happy to make use of what you’ve gotten!
Retailer leftover Mexican Road Corn Pasta Salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
Mexican Road Corn Pasta Salad
Mexican avenue corn pasta salad is a fusion between elote and pasta salad to offer you a flavorful, veggie-filled pasta salad to share.
Prepare dinner:15 minutes
- 16 oz. dried pasta we used conchiglie noodles
- ½ cup reserved starchy pasta water
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups frozen corn canned corn or recent corn reduce off the cob work too
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons flaked sea salt separated
- 1 cup Greek yogurt any % fats works
- ⅓ cup bitter cream
- 4- oz. Cotija cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons recent lime juice
- Zest from 1 small lime
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 massive crimson bell pepper matchstick or chopped
- ½ medium crimson onion minced
- 1 cup recent cilantro roughly chopped
Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook dinner the pasta till al dente. Take away ½ cup of starchy pasta water from the pot and put aside for later. Pressure the pasta and set it apart for later.
Warmth a big forged iron skillet over medium/massive warmth. Add avocado oil to the skillet. When the avocado oil is aromatic and sizzling, add the minced garlic to the skillet. Let the garlic sauté for 1 minutes.
Add the corn to the skillet and toss with the garlic. Sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, paprika, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt over the corn and toss. Prepare dinner the corn till it begins to brown (about 10 minutes). You’ll want to toss the corn periodically so it doesn’t burn on the underside of the pan. Take away the skillet from warmth and let cool briefly.
As soon as the corn has cool a bit, add the Greek yogurt, bitter cream and ¼ cup of the starchy pasta water to a big bowl and whisk them collectively. Add the remaining salt, cotija, lime juice, lime zest, and salsa and stir to mix.
Add the pasta to the sauce and toss after which add the cooked corn, crimson pepper, and onion to the pasta. Toss once more till the entire elements are coated. In order for you it a bit saucier, you may add a bit bit extra starchy pasta water.
Lastly, add the cilantro to the pasta salad and toss one final time. Salt and pepper to style and luxuriate in.
Ideas & Notes
- If the pasta salad sauce remains to be too thick after including ¼ cup of the pasta water, add one other 1-2 tablespoons till it reaches the specified consistency.
- We used frozen corn however now we have examined this with recent corn, too.
- The flavour of the sauce will decide what sort of salsa you employ.
Energy: 496kcal Carbohydrates: 87g Protein: 19g Fats: 11g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 4g
Pictures: images taken on this publish are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.