Southwest Hen Salad
This southwest hen salad recipe combines shredded hen, a creamy southwest dressing, black beans, candy corn, and cilantro for the final word wholesome lunch.
Our basic Greek yogurt hen salad recipe is a staple in our home and this hen salad recipe is a spin-off of that. Preserve studying to learn to make it.
Veggie-Packed Southwest Hen Salad
Love hen salad, however want it had extra veggies? You’ve come to the fitting place! This southwest hen salad is really veggie-packed. Along with shredded hen, this hen salad options:
- candy corn
- purple pepper
- black beans
- purple onion
how one can make shredded hen
On the lookout for a simple shredded hen recipe? Take a look at our shredded hen tutorials in quite a lot of completely different strategies:
All In regards to the Creamy Southwestern Dressing
When you’ve obtained your entire principal elements collectively for the southwest hen salad, it’s time to create your hen salad sauce.
Basic hen salad is often made with mayonnaise, however we determined to up the protein and decrease the fats with Greek yogurt. With the addition of lime juice and spices, I promise you received’t miss the mayo! Right here’s what you want:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- lime juice
- floor cumin
- chili powder
- Scorching sauce
If you happen to don’t love warmth, be at liberty to swap the new sauce for a little bit little bit of apple cider vinegar. As well as, if you happen to don’t have Greek yogurt, however you do have plain common yogurt…you’ll be able to completely use that too.
Easy methods to Serve Southwest Hen Salad
There are such a lot of other ways that you could serve this creamy, scrumptious salad. Take a look at a few of our favs!
- On toast: drizzle some olive oil on a chunk of whole-grain toasted bread after which high it with this salad. Then, add sliced avocado and a drizzle of sizzling sauce to the highest and also you’re able to rock!
- In a Jar: place a handful of romaine on the underside of a mason jar. Then, high that with this southwestern hen salad. Place the highest on and take this lunch to-go!
- Bento Field: Flip this southwest hen salad right into a wrap after which serve it together with your favourite chips and salsa served within a bento field!
- Solo: Seize a bowl and a fork and eat it as is. We propose serving it with a contemporary squeeze of lime juice and a half an avocado for #allthehealthyfats.
To retailer southwest hen salad, switch it into an hermetic container and seal. Retailer within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
- 1 lb. shredded hen
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup purple onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup contemporary cilantro chopped
- 1 medium purple pepper diced
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vinegar-based sizzling sauce
Place shredded hen, candy corn, black beans, purple onion, contemporary cilantro, and purple pepper into a big bowl. Combine and put aside.
Create the sauce by mixing collectively Greek yogurt, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and sizzling sauce.
Add sauce to the shredded hen combination and blend till mixed.
Energy: 254kcal Carbohydrates: 16g Protein: 28g Fats: 2g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 12g