These scrumptious stuffed zucchini boats are made with yummy floor beef taco meat, corn, recent cilantro, and cheddar cheese.
Finest Floor Beef Stuffed Zucchini!
This stuffed zucchini recipe must be certainly one of our new favourite summer season meals. It makes use of hollowed-out zucchini to accommodate a yummy floor beef taco meat that’s made with corn, black beans, and cilantro.
The key to good stuffed zucchini is to be sure to don’t overcook your zucchini. There may be nothing worse than mushy zucchini. Because of this you solely have to bake it at 350ºF for round quarter-hour!
Why you’ll find it irresistible!
Simple, seasonal meal
- Zucchini: Zucchini is the star of the present! You’ll want 3 giant zucchinis for this recipe. Be at liberty to sub for summer season squash as an alternative.
- Floor beef: we’re utilizing floor beef for our taco meat, however floor rooster or turkey would additionally work.
- Taco seasoning: we love utilizing our selfmade taco seasoning when potential as a result of it doesn’t use fillers.
- Black beans: black beans add fiber and protein.
- Corn: corn provides coloration and a pop of sweetness to each chunk.
- Crema: desk crema helps give the taco meat stuffing a creamy consistency.
- Cheddar cheese: the extra cheddar the higher!
- Cilantro: ensure to make use of recent cilantro.
diy taco seasoning
Ditch the store-bought taco seasoning for this tremendous flavorful clear ingredient taco seasoning. Made with the next substances that you just probably have in your spice cabinet already:
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Coarse sea salt
- Crimson pepper flakes
- Floor black pepper
- Floor oregano
- Smoked paprika
Get the complete selfmade taco seasoning HERE.
- Prep zucchini: Slice the zucchini in half scorching canine type. Then, use a small melon scooper to scoop the insides out of your zucchini. Place the zucchini on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Make taco meat: cook dinner floor beef in taco seasoning for 5-7 minutes. Then, add the black beans, corn, crema, and cheddar cheese. Combine to mix.
- Stuff the zucchini: stuff every zucchini with 3-4 tablespoons of the taco filling. Then, high with extra cheese.
- Bake: bake stuffed zucchini boats at 350ºF for round quarter-hour or till your zucchini reaches the specified doneness.
Let stuffed zucchini cool utterly. Then, tightly wrap it in a chunk of tin foil and take away as a lot air as potential. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Bake stuffed zucchini at 350ºF for round quarter-hour to get zucchini that ISN’T mush and nonetheless has a pleasant chunk.
There are round 330 energy per serving for stuffed zucchini.
Retailer stuffed zucchini in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days within the fridge.
To reheat: reheat within the microwave on excessive for 60-90 seconds.
- 3 giant zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. floor beef we used 85/15 floor beef
- 2 tablespoons selfmade taco seasoning or retailer purchased
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup black beans drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup candy corn
- ¼ cup desk crema
- ½ cup + 6 tablespoons shredded mexican cheddar cheese mix separated
- ½ cup recent cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons crimson onion minced
Suggestions & Notes
- We don’t bake the zucchini earlier than we stuff them in order that the zucchini has a chunk to them reasonably than being mushy. If you need a softer zucchini, bake the zucchinis for 5-10 minutes earlier than including the bottom beef.
- Should you would not have desk crema you need to use bitter cream as an awesome substitute.
- Retailer-bought taco seasoning tends to be a bit saltier than selfmade taco seasoning. Please be cautious of this and style your taco meat earlier than including extra salt.
Energy: 328kcal Carbohydrates: 9g Protein: 19g Fats: 24g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g