This refreshing watermelon salad recipe is made with feta cheese, sliced cucumbers, contemporary basil, mint, and some pine nuts for a chunk.
Juicy Watermelon Salad
Is there a greater summer time salad than watermelon feta salad? I feel not. The style of this salad is so refreshing with the mix of candy, savory, and crunchy.
I’m envisioning an enormous facet of this served at a bbq or picnic and everybody going again for seconds as a result of it’s simply that good.
Why you’ll find it irresistible!
- Simple to organize
What’s in watermelon salad?
This traditional watermelon salad is made with contemporary substances. Right here’s what you want:
- seedless watermelon – be sure to make use of a contemporary, juicy watermelon. Then, slice it into bite-sized cubes.
- cucumbers: cucumbers add a veggie and crunch.
- crimson onion – just a little little bit of crimson onion goes a great distance!
- contemporary herbs: no matter you do, don’t forget the contemporary basil depart and contemporary mint leaves!
- feta cheese: feta cheese provides a pleasant saltiness to this recipe, plus a good quantity of protein!
- pine nuts: toasted pine nuts for just a little crunch.
Easy French dressing
Each salad deserves a dressing! Right here’s what you want for our easy French dressing:
- crimson wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- additional virgin olive oil
- salt and black epper
The commonest substances in watermelon salad are diced watermelon, feta cheese and mint.
Ingredeints that go effectively with watermelon embody contemporary herbs, onion, and feata cheese.
Cheese and watermelon is a wonderful mixture. The commonest combo is watermelon and feta cheese.
Add one other fruit: add in one other fruit similar to blueberries, peaches, or apples.
Add one other veggie: add one other veggie similar to diced tomato or avocado chunks.
Swap lemon for lime: as a substitute of utilizing lemon juice, strive utilizing lime juice!
Add a inexperienced: including one thing like arugula would take this up a notch!
Full your summer time BBQ with any of the next!
- 1 small seedless watermelon lower into 1-inch cubes (roughly 4 cups)
- 2 cups thinly sliced English cucumbers ~3 english cucumbers
- ¼ small crimson onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons crimson wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt separated
- 1 cup contemporary basil roughly chopped
- 1 cup contemporary mint roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup feta crumbles
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- ¼ cup uncooked pine nuts
Add the watermelon cubes, cucumbers, and crimson onion to a big salad bowl and gently toss the substances collectively.
In a separate small bowl, add the crimson wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and ⅛ teaspoon of salt and whisk the substances collectively. Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon, cucumbers, and crimson onion. Toss once more.
Add the basil, mint, and feta crumbles to the salad and season with the remaining salt and freshly floor pepper. Put aside.
Warmth a small skillet over medium warmth and add the pine nuts to the skillet. Toast the pine nuts for 3-4 minutes till golden brown, being certain to toss them whereas they toast.
Sprinkle the pine nuts over the salad and serve instantly.
Suggestions & Notes
- This salad was made with a small, seedless watermelon. You should purchase a bigger watermelon and use half of it as effectively.
Energy: 191kcal Carbohydrates: 24g Protein: 6g Fats: 10g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g
Pictures: pictures taken on this put up are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.